+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Polar Bear explanation is.....

Default Polar Bear explanation is.....

This is my theory of why the Polar was found in Tunisia.

The island is behind millions of years. Thus, in the real world, the island has moved due to continental drift, and is today located in Tunisia. It is much like how there is evidence that Antarctica was located on the equator millions of years ago. This theory would also explain why there is no native life on the island. Human life is not on the earth yet.

Just another theory to chew on.

Quote Originally Posted by I BLEED BLUE View Post

The island is behind millions of years. Thus, in the real world, the island has moved due to continental drift, and is today located in Tunisia. It is much like how there is evidence that Antarctica was located on the equator millions of years ago. This theory would also explain why there is no native life on the island. Human life is not on the earth yet.

Just another theory to chew on.
    This would explain why the Red Sox won the World Series.

Millions of years ago, did immense mammals and interesting creatures live on Australia at a habitable place at the equator or were there no animals whatsoever at that time?

If the island is millions of years behind, it would have quite an interesting array of animals not just a handful of polar bears and wild boar.

Is just gonna start with two Clonazepam and a beer before bed...

Staring at the setting sun
    No reason to come back again
    The twilight world in blue and white
    The needle and the damage done
    Blog: http://dharmalostminion.blogspot.com/
    (LOST, Social Studies, and Other Exciting Topics!)

I personally think Dharma wasn't just formed in the 1970's, but is based on something much older... much, much older (hence the ruins on the Island, and the relics in the desert). Than again, for all we know that Polar Bear could be 15 year's old and that section of the desert was just another Dharma playground.

Team "Too-Lazy-To-Change-The-Picture-Despite-It-Not-Actually-Existing-Anymore"

Another sunny afternoon, (I'm) walking to the sound of my favorite tune

My opinion is that there ARE natives of the island. People like Richard (or his descendants) probably built the statue and are living off the island. Only after the Purge did the Natives/Hostiles live in traditional houses and live a more "modern" lifestyle. Once they acquired Ben and got rid of the Dharma Initiative, they took their dwellings. Many of the Others have been plucked out of society (Juliet), but I believe there is a section of the Others that are actually Native to the island and can trace back their roots thousands of years. (Richard/Jacob)

Not sure the island being a million years old explains why the polar bears are in a warm environment in the first place ...
    Google "Tabloid the Musical"

We know that Dharma folks were using polar bears on the island at one time for their tests. After the genocide, for some reason the bears were running free on the island. Maybe the bear found one of the black holes and ended up in the Tunisian desert a few million years after the dinosaurs.

Haven't any of you think that the Dharma Initiative had to keep polar bears somewhere else before transporting them to the island? And if they changed their DNA so they could live on tropical island, they would have to test modificated animals in some place?
    I guess that polar bear was from Dharma's camp in Tunisia, where the bears were kept before being transported to the island.
    I'm Polish, forgive me for my grammar mistakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Przemek Z. View Post
    Haven't any of you think that the Dharma Initiative had to keep polar bears somewhere else before transporting them to the island? And if they changed their DNA so they could live on tropical island, they would have to test modificated animals in some place?
    I guess that polar bear was from Dharma's camp in Tunisia, where the bears were kept before being transported to the island.
    I live in a warm place, we have polar bears at the zoo and they seem quite ok; and no, their DNA hasn't been modified.

Quote Originally Posted by I BLEED BLUE View Post

Would also explain yemi's plane, but not the Black Rock or 815.
    Beside of that Tunisia is at the nord of africa, a continental drift from the pacific region to the mediterranian region is unlikely.

I marked the pacific region green, also Tunisia today green.
    You can see that we are talking about a contintenal "jump" here not drift.

Last edited by bocaj; 02-11-2008 at 02:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread