+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sayid & Shannon

Default Sayid & Shannon

Let me get this straight, in the sideways, Sayid made a clear point that he doesn't deserve to be with Nadia because of his malevolence past.

Yet in the original time, Sayid was with Nadia off the island for quite sometime, he didn't even think about his deservingness to be with Nadia. Sayid still has the malevolence past. After Nadia was runned over, Sayid plead to MiB into bringing back the woman he loved that died in his arms (Shannon). Does that make sense at all? Was Sayid with Nadia but thinking about Shannon hot island sex?
    Last edited by Ultima Weapon; 06-07-2010 at 05:47 AM.

I'm doing a rewatch and am in Special. I was just remarking to myself that each character flourishes when someone believes in them. Boone, for example, does not believe in Shannon, and with him she's useless. Sayid believes in her and she does much better. Sayid himself does much better when he is with Shannon, because she admires him and doesn't see the bad in him, as Nadia has. Rewatching this now, it actually makes more sense that Sayid is with Shannon in the end, altho there is much between S1 where I am and S6 that does muddy up the story.
    "Oft expectation fails, and most oft there
    Where most it promises; and oft it hits
    Where hope is coldest, and despair most fits."

-William Shakespeare

GO TEAM BAN!

Go to Lostpedia Transcripts, grab a quote, adapt the conversation to forumspeak, add user names to honor previous Banners, and you're a Banner too!

"I got you baby... I got you."

I'm not entirely sure I believe anything I say about this show.

Default Sundown was another big red herring

The writers essentially decided we needed yet another red herring with the sideways. I liked Season 6, but it was bogged down by the writers' insistence on playing with our heads

In a way it resolved Shannon's story better than it resolved Sayid's. Shannon was always in shallow relationships before Sayid. Sayid was the only guy who ever treated her right, other than Boone. Boone couldn't get her though because nothing ever goes right for him. And also, Sayid probably still didn't deserve Nadia, but he did deserve Shannon lol

Maybe when Sayid went through the light he experienced another Flash Sideways where he made peace with Nadia.

Quote Originally Posted by omgfreckles View Post
    Maybe when Sayid went through the light he experienced another Flash Sideways where he made peace with Nadia.
    Ya I really think this heres a good theory, perhaps there are other sideways worlds where you can have peace with other peoples in other lifes like SAYID can be with NADIA in that other worlds and then in this other worlds he's with Shannon maybe there are also other worlds and other universes too, the possibilities are endless.

I think ultimately, Sayid didn't feel like he deserved Nadia...which is why he wasn't with her in the flash sideways.....

the idea they were going for (I think) is that regardless of what happened before or after the island, the experience OF the Island ties them together in a much more profound way, which is why Sayid was with Shannon in the end. They had that connection that he did not share with Nadia.

Let's look death in the face and say: 'Whatever, man!'

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Weapon View Post
    Let me get this straight, in the sideways, Sayid made a clear point that he doesn't deserve to be with Nadia because of his malevolence past.

Yet in the original time, Sayid was with Nadia off the island for quite sometime, he didn't even think about his deservingness to be with Nadia. Sayid still has the malevolence past. After Nadia was runned over, Sayid plead to MiB into bringing back the woman he loved that died in his arms (Shannon). Does that make sense at all? Was Sayid with Nadia but thinking about Shannon hot island sex?
    It means he had doubts about deserving Nadia for the things he did in his life. He regretted things clearly, even things after nadia died. But he never said his time with Shannon wasn't meaningful.

He was with her in the ALT because as they stated, it was a place created by the losties to find each other, because that was the most meaningful time. and it was for Sayid too. Okay, he spent the time thinking of nadia often, but it was through his island time he found her again before she died.

Sayid's whole FS was about coming to terms with the fact that he wasn't meant to be with Nadia. He realized who he was supposed to be with when he reconnected with Shannon in the FS. I thought that was very clear.

Nadia reminded Sayid of his dark past, however much he loved her. Shannon reminded him of his fresh start on the island where he helped everyone survive.

Other posters have made very good arguments as to why Sayid and Shannon ended up together plot wise.

Even so, I'm almost certain now that having Sayid end up with Shannon rather than Nadia was another twist the writers knew would be devisive and result in debate. It was also a 'nifty' way to somehow include a Maggie Grace cameo in as they did with other actors during S6.

There were rumours that due to other commitments the actress would possibly not be available. TPTB basically covered their butts early on by having Boone say on the plane (in LA X) that his sister choose to stay in Australia.

I suspect that it's quite possible that if they couldn't get M.G. at all TPTB had a 'plan B' or three with regards to Sayid's 'awakening' in order to get him to the church on time (with or without Nadia in the mix).

+ Reply to Thread