+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Endings of Lost & Ashes to Ashes

Default Endings of Lost & Ashes to Ashes

After watching the end of Ashes to Ashes on Friday and then seeing the end of Lost this morning, I can't help but thinking how they've ended with very similar scenarios.

A2A - they're all dead and are in an afterlife waiting to move on.

Lost - once they've died in the OR they end up in the AR which is basically an afterlife where they're waiting to move on.

How weird is it that two different shows can end within a couple of days of each other using very similar ideas in their endings.

Couldn't agree more. After the Ashes To Ashes Final I had a funny feeling about Lost coming to an end as well in a similar way.
    But isn't that the genius of Lost compared to Ashes? The two shows ended the same but Lost gave me a very emotional payoff/reward for the last 6 years. Ashes however, gave me nothing.

Oddly, I had the same feeling....loved the Ashes to Ashes ending, thought Lost would have had a bit more to give but I'm satisfied.
    Thank you LC

Quote Originally Posted by uklostie View Post
    After watching the end of Ashes to Ashes on Friday and then seeing the end of Lost this morning, I can't help but thinking how they've ended with very similar scenarios.

A2A - they're all dead and are in an afterlife waiting to move on.

Lost - once they've died in the OR they end up in the AR which is basically an afterlife where they're waiting to move on.

How weird is it that two different shows can end within a couple of days of each other using very similar ideas in their endings.
    EXACTLY what i thought, haha.

i still didnt guess what the alt was until it was made abundantly clear by christian. until jack actually was like "oh im dead then, well fuck" - thats when i realised.

to me you're strange and you're beautiful

Thats the first thing that come to my mind when Lost ended, I only watched the finale of A2A last night. The endings regarding Pergatory and the fact that the Alt world in Lost and the A2A world were similar sort of holding places were pretty similar.

I thought A2A would have had a better ending to be honest ,I liked the twist that they were all dead but I really thought John Simm was going to make an appearance in the last show as they seemed to have been building it up all the series.

It was still better than the crazy ending of the US version of Life on Mars though.
    Last edited by Gollum; 05-24-2010 at 11:56 PM.

ashes wrapped everything up well, they explained they were all dead from the start and gene was just afraid of letting go. the Lost ending was nothing like that and left far too many questions unanswered. When Ashes ended I felt I understood the show and itall made sense, with Lost it all felt a bit untidy in the end

I think Lost was intentionally left 'untidy' in some places. That's the genius of the show.
    Thank you LC

Not agree...uk...after death....i can give another life our one...from ashes....we can plant a cherry tree(or any one) ... every cherry will remember our love one...so now they are with us in the form of tree and fruits...
    A common material for ashes urns is ceramic. Most ceramic vessels are quite durable and should stand up to the test of time.

Well,there is no doubt that there was no excitement like the previous, but let me clear this,that it can just be odd for those who look for results or glamour but the persons who have excitement with the events and occasions,just want to see any thing with fun and love,not the results.

+ Reply to Thread