+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Four letter word for island

Default Four letter word for island

I haven't seen anyone talk about this and I'm wondering how I missed it.

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/#ixzz0gSJVYoWS

So…What Is the Island? It's described as a four-letter word. There's your first clue! Shall we play Hangman? There are no A's or E's in the word…Wanna buy another vowel? Okay, but you only get one.

Another thing I can tell you: The island has to exist, according to my sources, and more importantly, someone has to protect it. It's important to the world outside

Very cool we're actually getting an answer to what the island is. I thought we wouldn't.

My guess is, it has somthing to do with trapping MIB. A cork maybe(Remember That old spoiler image)

Because...IF id DOES have a purpose, why else would MIB want Sawyer to see it as "Just an island".

Im sure MIB knows what the island is, so if he lies about it, it must have somthing to do with him.
    Last edited by Dogma9; 02-24-2010 at 02:45 PM.
    If You Kill All The Wolves, You're Gonna Have A Crapload Of Bunnies!

Once I open this door John theres no turning back..... Are you sure this is what you want??? So Be It........

Considering the champagne bottle spoiler we had last month I'm going with CORK

im going with the fact that MIB just doesn't care anymore

Quote Originally Posted by armlocks101 View Post
    Considering the champagne bottle spoiler we had last month I'm going with CORK
    This is the answer.

Cork to what though?

Can't be the electromagnetic energy as they haven't always needed to push the button etc.

Ideas?

It stops the apocalypse. The Island is the stop gap measure of the end of the world. Would explain all the powers of the Island and roots back to the Valenti Equation

Quote Originally Posted by neddac View Post
    Cork to what though?

Can't be the electromagnetic energy as they haven't always needed to push the button etc.

Ideas?
    Here is my thought on CORK: The island is a cork in the metaphorical sense of the power that could be unleashed. Much like a cork in a champagne bottle (like we have seen before...), the island could be the only thing that is seperating us from being doused with electromagnetic energy that we can't control. This is also why all of the unnatural phenomenon happen on the island, because of its close proximity to this electromagnetic energy. If the island was destroyed or ceased to exist, there would be nothing holding this power back.

But, then again, what the hell do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by neddac View Post
    Cork to what though?

Ideas?
    Maybe a cork to keep MIB/Smokey/Locke2 from getting out into the world at large.

Quote Originally Posted by rich_g View Post
    Maybe a cork to keep MIB/Smokey/Locke2 from getting out into the world at large.
    This seems to be the most plausible idea. The show is certainly centering around Jacob and MIB's conflict, and it seems that this is where it's coming to a head. MIB wants to get home, which we know is off the island. The only thing stopping him is Jacob which is why he wants to kill Jacob so badly (and he does). Anyone who could possibly take his place (the candidates) need to be taken out of his way, which is why he's "recruiting." He currently has Sawyer under his wing after convincing him that there is nothing special about the island. We've seen how powerful MIB is in his Smoke form. If MIB truly is some mythical entity such as a being from the underworld or a Satanic figure, then letting him roam the earth freely would be very bad for humanity.

All of the EM energy has already been corked. At one point it was uncorked, which led to the Incident; however, it was later recorked by Desmond. It's no longer an issue/threat.

There are other spoilers/picture spoilers that point to the fact that MIB leaving the island is a bad and very unwanted thing.

I'm going with CORK.

+ Reply to Thread