+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The parody songs of Barenaked Hurley

Default The parody songs of Barenaked Hurley

I searched the forums and the wiki and nobody here has mentioned the parody songs by Barenaked Hurley. You can find them on I-tunes search under podcasts-Barenaked Hurley. In my opinion his best were (Don't have)Island love, his most recent,Oh Benry, and Oh Desmond my brotha but they are all worth a listen most are quite funny.
    Last edited by REDSHIRT FOREVER; 02-12-2008 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Removed earlier edits.

Unhappy thread moved

I'm not quite sure why this thread was moved his lyrics are all about the t.v. show Lost, also they are free I'm not trying to sell anyone anything so if someone could move this back to the Main Forum people who would probably apprecate these songs could see this.
    Last edited by REDSHIRT FOREVER; 05-07-2007 at 03:50 AM.

THEY ARE FREE ON ITUNES?!? thats awesome! I listen to Jay and Jack twice a week, and often when BNH gets a new composition they play them first I believe.

There is a Locke parody song called "Oops Locke did it Again".. you wouldnt think its funny, but it is, and also has a surprising amount of info! Until now I though I could only get them on Myspace and through Jay and jack podcasts, and I remember that they had issues due to licensing since they are all parodies, but its cool they are supplying them anyhow.

Now, about the thread, I wasnt the one who moved it, but since it isnt relevant in a way that helps along the continuing story of Lost, and is more about the fun of this groups parody music, this thread belongs more in our off-topic forum. But dont worry, I think alot of us check in on this forum more often then the main, and it wont go unnoticed
    We'll make great pets...

http://www.myspace.com/barenakedhurley

if you dont have access to itunes for some reason there are a few songs here
    We'll make great pets...

Quote Originally Posted by mac_ad View Post
    THEY ARE FREE ON ITUNES?!? thats awesome! I listen to Jay and Jack twice a week, and often when BNH gets a new composition they play them first I believe.

There is a Locke parody song called "Oops Locke did it Again".. you wouldnt think its funny, but it is, and also has a surprising amount of info! Until now I though I could only get them on Myspace and through Jay and jack podcasts, and I remember that they had issues due to licensing since they are all parodies, but its cool they are supplying them anyhow.[IMG]http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w97/mac_ad/

Now, about the thread, I wasnt the one who moved it, but since it isnt relevant in a way that helps along the continuing story of Lost, and is more about the fun of this groups parody music, this thread belongs more in our off-topic forum. But dont worry, I think alot of us check in on this forum more often then the main, and it wont go unnoticed
    "oops Locke did it again" I actually thought would have benifited by a female vocalist but apparently "the band" is just one guy. The latest song (Don't have) Island Love is basically a D.O.C. recap with some terribly funny lines. I can't believe he can do a song like that in about 8 days(I down loaded it Friday May 04).

About the Licensing issue he says in his introduction download as long as nobody is making money of them and they are played in context the are free to share.

I was just a little surprised I could find no mention of these songs through out the site everytime I've thought I had a orignal thought or observation I would do a search and find many discusion pages or Wiki's about it and this came up with nothing.

As far as the thread being moved I should have used the instead of that would have been more apt.

"The Longest Time" is stinkin hilarious! Thanks for this. I had never heard of them before.
    My random thoughts and musings: slyce23.wordpress.com

I heard Barenaked Hurley on their myspace. Their songs are really cute.

Quote Originally Posted by mac_ad View Post

There is a Locke parody song called "Oops Locke did it Again".. you wouldnt think its funny, but it is, and also has a surprising amount of info! Until now I though I could only get them on Myspace and through Jay and jack podcasts, and I remember that they had issues due to licensing since they are all parodies, but its cool they are supplying them anyhow.

You go to jayandjack?! Tratior!!!

Jk.
    HIDDEN CLUE IN EPISODE FIRE+WATER!!!

Bare Haked Hurley put out a new song, Underwater Station this one appropriatly set to the Beach Boy's Good Vibrations. Last week he added Charlie, Man set to Billy Joel's Piano Man.

Quote Originally Posted by tiph23 View Post
    You go to jayandjack?! Tratior!!!

Jk.
    Jay and Jack rule This is a community lol, and I'm totally actice.. but sometimes my affiliations could get me in trouble. Jay and I write each other every week about random stuff, nothing to do with Lost anymore lol, all mac stuff, or zombie movies. Andy(Darkufo) and I are good buddies, we talk everyday/few days, and Also Doc Arzt(Jon) from The Tailsection is someone else I talk to.. soooo, I dont have any rivalries And nobody would benefit from that Plus I get scoops like pronto! hahaha. I WISH I was buddies with Ralph and Ben from the Dharmalars, they seem like good s**t!

BNH emailed me a whole crapload of songs last week lol, cuz itunes wasnt doing anything for me.. so good. Brings a healthy smile out! Add them on myspace and spread the word, because hopefully he can find a way to make some money. for the time being he has no rights to the songs, so thats why they are free I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by REDSHIRT FOREVER View Post
    Bare Haked Hurley put out a new song, Underwater Station this one appropriatly set to the Beach Boy's Good Vibrations. Last week he added Charlie, Man set to Billy Joel's Piano Man.
    That was on Jay and Jack a few weeks ago too lol, I swear they get all the goodies first, lucky boys! I'm looking into putting him on the wiki when I have some time, with links to the page/myspace and a link to the files, but I want to make sure its not copyright infringement first, which I'm sure there is no issue, but its better to be safe.
    Last edited by mac_ad; 06-01-2007 at 08:28 AM.
    We'll make great pets...

+ Reply to Thread