+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Proposal - Lostpedia Chat IM!!!

Default Proposal - Lostpedia Chat IM!!!

I see they do it on thelostexperienceclues.com
    They do it quite successfully on rbrefugees.blogspot.com

I visit both and really like that we can chat as lostpedia members about anything. It'd be really good for the community, and is often more interesting than threaded boards

Good idear, Nick.

I find the leaving msgs for one another on our page thing to be a bit weird sometimes (and doesn't allow for any chatter and/or private msging).

Anyone able to set up an IRC #?

I agree. A Lostpedia chat session would be cool.

I was thingk that once S# begins to air we all crowd into and IRC room and caht about the Episodes as they happen. Then the transcipt is place on the forum and a forum chat occurs, the week goes by and the page is produced and we never look back.
    Currently reading: Alpha Squad 7: Lady Nocturne: A Tek Jansen Adventure

I've registered an IRC channel at gamesurge:

irc.gamesurge.net #lostpedia
    (^your browser must be able to handle irc:// URLs for clicking this link; otherwise just enter it manually into your client)

I'll try to idle in there and hand over co-ownership to any sysops, or ownership to admin. You must be registered and opped at gamesurge to be assigned these privs. You can read the instructions in help, or via their html website at www.gamesurge.net.

I am not an IRC functions guru, so I'll leave customization up to the sysops.

Until the sysops or admin sign on, or otherwise endorse the channel, this IRC channel is strictly unofficial.
    Last edited by Santa; 09-06-2006 at 02:10 AM.

At any rate, I've been in the chat for a while now with Santa. We're both sometimes-IRCers, but trying to clarify op commands, we're both a little rusty, so if anyone is more familiar with them please post.

Link above does not work...

http://www.gamesurge.net/chat/

And once there, type /join #lostpedia

If we get really serious, some sites have built in java clients that are clickable links in the channel's host website itself. Might be fun to have on the Lostpedia front page portal once S3 begins.
    Last edited by Santa; 09-06-2006 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    If we get really serious, some sites have built in java clients that are clickable links in the channel's host website itself. Might be fun to have on the Lostpedia front page portal once S3 begins.
    As the orginal IRC program was developed in Finland back in 1993, it's kind of a national tradition to irc... but, I'm not too keen on going past ircnet. This time however, I will make an exception granted I can make time on my very busy schedule!

Us sysops have been having some discussions over MSN & Jabber, but that's about it.
    Language - the thing that means stuff

Well, the 3 of us are now in there and figuring some stuff out now. Anyone else can come join us... use my link above.

*bump*
    Ben's Wife and Constant
    Disclaimer: Bad Speller
    Commando Carbon, the resident nympho = OBFF
    Blacx and Lola are my LP siblings.
    Illy and Chris are angels!

AD=FTMFW!

Thanks to Penny for the smokin hott banner.
    Cori <3s Me and he is my Antony.
    /me is Malion's Pam.
    Moonshiner is my concubine.

+ Reply to Thread