+ Reply to Thread
Page 6951 of 6951 FirstFirst ... 5951 6451 6851 6901 6941 6949 6950 6951
Results 69,501 to 69,509 of 69509

Thread: The RANDOM Thread

Corner office of Sterling, Cooper, Draper, & Pryce

Quote Originally Posted by Dago View Post
    the thing about coin collecting, or collecting anything for the matter is its value to another collector. i mean sure rarity factors in but lets say theres a coin thats 1 of 20 known in existence... there really isnt any more value than a coin thats 1 of 2000 because anyone that owns 1 of either of these coins isnt going to part with it unless the price is right for them specifically anyhow.
    Yeah, that's certainly what I was finding. I guess it's like anything else, it's only value is what someone will pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MilesSmiles View Post
    i'm mostly in it for the 'hey these are cool, they don't make 'em like this anymore' factor
    One thing I did think that was neat was to ponder how many hundreds (thousands?) of hands an older coin had passed through. How most of them were likely no longer living. What all they paid for with the money. Etc. I was not high, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dharma Ranch Dressing View Post
    One thing I did think that was neat was to ponder how many hundreds (thousands?) of hands an older coin had passed through. How most of them were likely no longer living. What all they paid for with the money. Etc. I was not high, by the way.
    it is a cool concept. those coins get ground down smooth from use, sometimes. it's amazing... when one 'escapes' a bag of old coins or something, and somehow ends up back doing work in the economy, lol. a co-worker thinks it's little kids getting them and spending them, i like to think they found randomly are spent by anyone. feels like hardly anyone uses cash anymore at all, let alone stop and ponders their change. we have customers who use cash and get like 93 cents back, and they 'don't want it'. it's weird. throwing away almost a buck because it's 'annoying' to carry it, lol. granted, any time i have cash and end up with coins, i toss them in a cup when i get home.
    name one other person you know that has a functioning chainsaw arm

What's really interesting is seeing old Roman coins and stuff like that. I always wondered, not how many, but how few people had touched them with their bare hands. Rubbed the ridges of their fingers across them. Actually looked at them as wealth rather than an artifact.
    D.H.C.

Thanks, LC!

I'm back for the holidays

"One day it's fate, the next day it's free will."

Corner office of Sterling, Cooper, Draper, & Pryce

What happened to Eastern Airlines flight 980?

Sounds a little bit like Oceanic 815. Plane crashes in inhospitable/unreachable terrain, no recovery efforts possible, no bodies found. Adventurers seek to find answers 30 years later.

none of y'all are furries are you? (please say no please say no please say no) lol

Quote Originally Posted by MilesSmiles View Post
    none of y'all are furries are you? (please say no please say no please say no) lol
    good, this is a family establishment. =)

i'd recently seen a word i've only seen used HERE in someone's username, and later found out it's a word (I guess?) that furries used and it had me slightly worried.

My son flirted with the idea of being a brony at one point when he was about 11, but he grew out of that rather quickly and stopped watching My Little Pony, but no furry stuff going on anywhere around me. LOL
    "It wasn't all misery."

"Enough of it was."

Quote Originally Posted by Mittelosian View Post
    My son flirted with the idea of being a brony at one point when he was about 11, but he grew out of that rather quickly and stopped watching My Little Pony, but no furry stuff going on anywhere around me. LOL
    eh, Bronies are forgivable as long as long as they realize... what they... are.... lol... and hopefully grow out of it. I think the whole brony thing has peaked, it's no longer a danger to society =)

+ Reply to Thread