+ Reply to Thread
Page 225 of 255 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 223 224 225 226 227 235 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 2546

Thread: JJ Abrams New Show : Fringe

^ I agree with so much of that (edit: @mattepntr). These last two episodes had some great developments, but in some cases the execution was so poor. I agree about the pacing too. This episode especially was all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by mattepntr View Post
    Jones (and Bell) setting up that Austin Powers-style thing with the sunbeam in downtown Boston......and Liv and Peter are the only 2 law enforcement personnel on the scene? Hell, there weren't even any rubbernecking civvies! Ummmm......
    I didn't get that either. If the SolarBeam attack had happened in real life, people would be FREAKING OUT. We only saw one building get destroyed. I get that it costs money to show that stuff, but they could have said that it was destroying everything. Cause.. I imagine it would. And the fact that only Peter and Olivia seemed to do something about it was just weird. Just like the fact that William apparently planned for all that to happen exactly the way it did. If there had been more than two people (like most of the time on the show!) Jones wouldn't have gotten anywhere near Peter, and Olivia wouldn't have done her weird Kinect thing.

Jones death scene was too quick and anti-climactic, given how he's been the heavy (we think) for so long. And why the hell did he disintegrate???
    That too. Such a waste of a great character and actor. I was like ''wait, does that shock kill him or doesn't it?.. ok, so it does''. I didn't get it.

Liv just keeps manifesting new superpowers willy nilly, whenever the show needs her to. They did an OK job explaining how she could cool down Bex Mader when it was called for, but playing Peter like Rock-em Sock-em Robots was entirely out of the blue, and was kind of silly to boot.
    We have seen her do telekenisis before though.. I think in this case they will explain how and why she was suddenly able to do that, since they spent so much time wondering about that on the show instead of saying ''Yeah, that's another Cortexiphan thing''. But we'll see.

Walter's convoluted method of tracking down Belly's whereabouts using the LOLWUT? regenerating lemon cake with pig brain filling was Just. Plain. Nuts. I guess it gets him and Astrid to the Import/ Export building fast, but..........um yeah, it was a bit of a stretch.
    Thought the same thing. I think if William had wanted Walter to find him, it could be possible. But it's still a bit of a stretch that he guessed that Walter would find his design on the nanites, go to St. Claire's to research, find the visitor's log, discover William's favourite food on there (did he leave it there on purpose 5 years ago?!), and think to go to that building.

I don't believe for a second that Astrid is in danger of dying, especially since her being shot came right on the heels of the miracle regenerating lemon cake scene. Cake or Death?
    Nah, not gonna happen. And I'm gonna feel cheated if it does.

I don't know, this whole Peterless timeline reset they've been doing all season is coming back to bite them in the ass, because all these big reveals just seem so random. Belly is alive? And (maybe) the bad guy? Was he always like that, or is it just in the Peterless timeline? So the first 3 seasons of the show don't count now? Some things are the same, but a lot of things aren't, and what is or isn't relevant just seems.....random. And I'm finding it hard to care.
    I'm not ready to say that yet, because I think they've been doing a fairly good job with it so far, not counting this episode. I think they took a huge risk relying such a big part of the story on whether or not Leonard Nimoy would want to return. I think if they had known earlier, they would have explained how he ''died'' in this timeline instead of doing that after revealing he's still alive. To me it seems that most of the season could have worked with Jones as the big mastermind, and they wrote it that way until they decided it was cooler to give that role to William Bell.
    Last edited by Jim108; 05-05-2012 at 05:30 PM.

If ya'll remember Jones was originally introduced as a lapdog. All the stuff he did in season one was to impress the ZTF(?) manuscript guy. Makes sense that the same thing was going on now, to me. At this point it seems to imply that Bell was behind the manuscript, or found it on Walter and appropriated it. Maybe that's what happened the night he went to say goodbye to Walter, he found the manuscript and ran with it.

As for Peter and Olivia doing their thing alone, cause everyone else was evacuating Boston.

Jones burned up cause he had some nanites in him, I thought. So maybe distributing them to the populace had another purpose and the spontaneous combustion was an accident.

Legen... wait for it

OK, so here's another thing that's not been wrapped up (or has it?)....

AltBroyles turned himself in and was jailed along with EvilNina. But where are they now? It seemed like they were being held in custody in the Blueverse, but now that the bridge is gone, are they still on this side? Or were they sent over to the other side to be held in custody by Fringe Division? Was this mentioned and I missed it?
    Last edited by mattepntr; 05-06-2012 at 05:52 AM.
    a

Proud Member of the DHC-- Specialty: Epic Hed

They were being held in the bridge complex but they never really said if it was on the Blue side or the Red side. since they were citizens of the Red side they were probably there. In any case I would assume that with the bridge being closed then they were transfered back to their side before it happened (assuming they were on blue since we don't know).

Here's a subtle scene moment that could be expanded to a plot point: When Peter sucked Olivia's knife nick, did he suck in some cortexiphan?

#LookingForExitsFromDodgyPlotting

This was the silliest Fringe episode I've ever seen. I just rewatched it sober, and yep, still pretty damn silly.

Quote Originally Posted by mattepntr View Post
    OK, so here's another thing that's not been wrapped up (or has it?)....

AltBroyles turned himself in and was jailed along with EvilNina. But where are they now? It seemed like they were being held in custody in the Blueverse, but now that the bridge is gone, are they still on this side? Or were they sent over to the other side to be held in custody by Fringe Division? Was this mentioned and I missed it?
    They were held at the Fringe Division building in the Redverse. Fauxlivia goes to talk to Ninalternate after Lincolnate's funeral, and you see a shot of the location between the two scenes. Broylternate was sent to the same prison. So it seems like we're done with them. I was hoping for more from those two characters, but in the end they were dealt with like any other ''bad'' character.

Quote Originally Posted by magicofjuju View Post
    This was the silliest Fringe episode I've ever seen. I just rewatched it sober, and yep, still pretty damn silly.
    I was gonna say Brown Betty, Stowaway, LSD or Unearthed were way sillier, but then I remembered David Jones' death scene and I have to say I agree with you. Olivia's superpowers have never really been my favourite thing about the show.

Jones has been Bell's lapdog from the start. It's his whole motivation. I'm not bothered by how he died since A: It was in service of the man he spent his entire life trying to prove himself to and B: I like villain deaths to be somewhat pathetic. Stephen King always goes for underwhelming demises for his villains because he presents evil as something that doesn't pay off in the end. One minute you're conquering the world and the next you're dead in a ditch.

I'm like a cupcake in a world of muffins.

moar soul magnets plz

I made a little fan video tribute thing for the fourth season! If anyone has the time, please watch and tell me what you think.

I'm not so happy with the ending, so I think I'll update it after the season finale. I am, however, very happy about the drops of blood at 4:43 that worked PERFECTLY with the music.
    Edit: Crap, YouTube ruined it. It's out of sync.
    Edit: Not anymore.
    Last edited by Jim108; 05-08-2012 at 05:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread